I will be conducting a session of “It’s About Time” at the Jacksonville State University Inservice Center on June 20. The workshop will be held at the Fort McClellan Center. The workshop is free and is open to all Alabama teachers. To register online, simply click here.
The workshop includes:
- How to use “tickler files” to keep your desktop clean and your paperwork under control.
- How to use a daily planner as an effective tool to keep your organized and on top of your day.
- How to document quickly and easily.
- How to handle tasks which recur, whether each month or each year.
- How to handle multiple projects easily.
- How to organize the files on your computer in a logical manner.
- How to back up your computer easily.
- How to gain “chunks” of time by controlling interruptions.
- How to “batch” similar activities.
- How to establish priorities, delegate, and learn to just say “no.”
- How to organize files and folders so you can find what you want.
- How to back-up your data easily so that a hard drive crash won’t be a catastrophe.
- How to handle tasks which recur monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- How to handle documents you must “revisit” and update regularly.
- How to use e-mail effectively.
- How to organize correspondence so that you can find that memo in seconds.
- How to use Google to put most any information at your fingertips quickly.