A growing number of people are opting for a cell phone which can do far more than make a phone call. The BlackBerry has the capability to be a total life organizer that fits neatly in your pocket. However, a lack of training exists on how to use its capabilities. The University of Montevallo Regional Inservice is sponsoring a half-day workshop designed to help you make you use the BlackBerry to its full potential. Contents of the workshop include:
* Enter it once and forget it—The magic of repeating appointments and repeating tasks.
* When do I want to see this again?—Make that decision as you create a task.
Watch it disappear and then re-appear on just the right day.
* How convenient! —Program the two convenience keys to open your calendar and task list.
* The one and only address book you will ever need—E-mail, address, phone number, birthday, and
a wealth of personal information. “Contacts” will handle it all.
* The “Fab Five”—Making sure what’s really important gets done.
* Stress be gone—The crystal clear, organized task list.
* A wealth of information at your fingertips—What to keep in “Notes.”
* “In” to “empty” every day—Becoming the master of e-mail.
* Taking your data anywhere—How to synchronize Outlook with a smartphone.
* reQall here—From your voice to your e-mail on the fly.
* The Devil is in the details—How to store and access all of the details related to an appointment,
task or contact.
* Find it fast—Take advantage of the tremendous search capabilities of the handheld.
* Tricks and tips—Use these timesavers to make handheld experience more productive.
The workshop will be held August 11 from 8:30-11:30. Registration is free! Registration is being opened to anyone in the state regardless of inservice center region. To register, go to STIPD and search for “umin09” in the PD Title Number field.
Direction to the inservice center, located in Pelham, are found here.