Organization is a gift that wise teachers give their students, and it is a gift that is useful long after the goodbyes are said in May. In Organization Made Easy!, we devote an entire chapter to organizing students.
One of the central topics is the use of student planners. While some schools have adopted and then left the idea, we explore the subject in enough depth and emphasize the follow-up that is needed from teachers to make the tool work.
We also look at habits and techniques that increase productivity and decrease stress for students:
- Writing it down
- Breaking goals into little parts
- Getting the book bag empty daily
- Learning to deal with papers
- Getting everything ready the night before
- Organizing the locker
- Using the “one-binder” method