The last of the bits of painting were completed towards the end of the day. I could now move in one filing and get boxes of file off of the floor.
The goal for today was to get the office in its final form with the exception of window treatments and diplomas/plaques on the walls. I also had quite a stack of papers that had accumulated during the week.
Here are a couple of shots of the office as it looked at the end of the day. The to-do is plenty long, but the papers are out of site. I want work from my list, not a stack of papers. Part of today was looking at each paper, making decision about what needed to be done, putting the actions in my list, and including in the list where to go to put my hands on the paper.
Along the course of the day, I made stacks of materials to deliver to other schools. I had come across many individual sample books for 1st and 2nd grade. I delivered those to one elementary school so they could be passed on to a teacher for her classroom library. Several thick notebooks which pertained to the high school were delivered there. I even unearthed a copy of the high school’s SACS review from 1968!
I came across multiple copies of materials that were doing nobody any good sitting at the central office. One was a wonderful handout on troubleshooting a computer. I put the copies in the mailboxes of each school.
The pictures show the finished product. Still to be done are getting curtains for the windows and hanging things on walls.
Nancy WillisJuly 10, 2006 7:29 pm
Hey! You did a great job of painting the office. It looks great!