The final workshop being sponsored by the University of Montevallo Regional Inservice Center is “Managing Digital Data With Ease.”
Today’s educator is flooded with an ever-increasing amount of information, and much of it comes in digital form. The result presents both opportunities and challenges.
- After this session, you will be able to answer “yes” to all of these questions:
- Do you have a logical system for organizing your computer?
- Can you find data on your computer quickly?
- If your hard drive failed do you have a complete backup of your data somewhere else?
- Are you aware of the wide variety of capabilities Google offers?
- Do you know how valuable iGoogle is as a homepage?
- Can you get to your bookmarks from anywhere in the world through Del.icio.us?
- Do you have a single document which links to all of the digital resources you will use throughout the year?
- Are your e-mail practices time-savers and not time-wasters?
- Is your e-mail Inbox empty at the end of every day?
The workshop will be held June 17 from 8:30 to 11:30. Registration is free and open to the entire state. Registration is done through STIPD. Search for PD title number UMINS10.